If you are a high school student considering going to college, it can be really stressful trying to decide what you actually want to study! Even if your focus is narrowed to STEM subjects, there are a lot of different options to choose from. Engineering is one of the most popular majors out there, but how do you know it’s right for you? How hard is it to major in engineering anyway?
As an engineering professional with over 15 years of experience in the field, Jeffrey MacBride maintains a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical and computer engineering. As someone who has gone through it, he shares some things to consider before declaring an engineering major.
- There are a lot of different branches of engineering, and some are more difficult than others. Some of the tougher ones include chemical engineering and aerospace engineering.
- Despite how difficult this course of study can be, it is still widely popular among students. Even if the going gets rough, you’ll be in good company!
- Engineering is all about learning how to solve some of the world’s most pressing problems, so be prepared to put your critical thinking skills to the test.
- Engineering is one of the harder courses you can choose to do in college. However, if you have a passion for it, don’t let the difficulty stop you from pursuing your dream career.
- This course is difficult for a reason – you will come out of college as a skilled professional with a well-paying career.